Browse Our DEI LibGuide
- FIU Counseling & Psychological Services
- Panthers Care
- Student Health Services, Behavioral Health: The clinics at MMC & BBC offer in-person and Telehealth psychiatric visits for all students. Please call 305-348-8385 to schedule an appointment.
- FIU Office of Employee Assistance
- Recommendations and Resources for Supporting Students Before, During, and After the Chauvin Trial (University of Minnesota)
- Learn More About Teaching with Radical Empathy
- Helping Youth after Community Trauma: Tips for Educators (The National Child Traumatic Stress Network) Download pdf
- Facilitating Race Talk & Difficult Conversations In the Classroom
Mental Health Resources
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. The Minnesota chapter of NAMI has created a listing of resources for individuals feeling stressed during the Chauvin trial.
Resources for Dialogue
- Difficult Dialogues National Resource Center: The DDNRC’s resources provide tools to engage in difficult conversations in classroom and other settings.
- Living Room Conversations: Provide a simple guide to begin to engage in conversations across topics of conversation such as race, nationality, gender, age, and more.
- Talking About Race: The National Museum of African American History and Culture’s Talking About Race guide may be helpful in preparing to navigate discussions about race and racism.
- Important information for Florida House Bill 1 – Combatting Public Disorder: On April 19th, Florida’s Governor’s signed into law House Bill 1, Combatting Public Disorder. This article offers highlights of the bill as noted in The Capitolist Article by Karen Murphy.
- House Bill 7 FAQ