Faculty and Staff
- Take advantage of FIU’s professional development courses to learn how to build a more inclusive workplace and build skills in awareness, self-exploration, and allyship.
- Earn a DEI badge
- Join or start a faculty-staff affinity group to build relationships with colleagues across campus.
- Reach out to DEI to request a facilitated discussion if you need help responding to an intercultural conflict or inclusivity challenge in your work.
- Sign up for the DEI mailing list to stay up to date on the latest news, events, and more.
- Join any of the six DEI committees.
The President’s Access & Equity Award is presented annually as part of the University’s Recognition Awards Program. The award solicits nominations of individuals who demonstrate efforts exceeding one’s mandated job responsibilities that promote the values of diversity and the importance of equity and inclusion at FIU.
A demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity university-wide that fosters a culture of inclusion and belonging on campus and/or within the surrounding community, shown leadership through positive interactions among persons of diverse backgrounds, and lived experiences which illustrate commitment to inclusion of persons within and outside of the institution who are members of traditionally under-represented groups.
The Grant-in-Aid Program enables Florida International University employees to take a leave of absence to pursue higher a degree. This grant provides their department with funding for hiring temporary employees to fulfill their duties while they are on leave.
- Take the EVERFI online training module on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Follow the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) on Engage to stay up-to-date with our latest happenings
- Attend an event hosted by the Division of DEI or any of our campus partners
- Join student-led organizations that help students create connections and find support systems on campus.
- Sign up for the DEI mailing list to stay on to date on the latest news, events and more.
- Take advantage of our curated list of DEI related courses and videos on LinkedIn Learning and build skills in awareness, self-exploration, and allyship.