Division of Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Florida International University is committed to provide the highest quality educational and employment experience to its students, faculty, and staff in a nurturing and supportive environment. In doing so, the institution is committed to ensuring that instruction and services are delivered in a manner that is reflective and supportive of diversity as it relates to gender, socioeconomic status, gender identity, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, nationality, military status, sexual orientation, spirituality and cultural identity.
We commit ourselves to building an academic community whose members represent and embrace diverse cultures, background and life experiences that reflect the multicultural nature of South Florida and our global society. Our goal is to build an intellectually vibrant climate that sustains the inclusiveness and engagement of our diverse community.
We encourage and expect the entire FIU community to model these values and to commit to recruiting, retaining, and supporting students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of our global society.
Stay in touch with us!
Sign up for our emails to stay up to date on events, learning opportunities, news, and more!
- Time to eat: Black-owned businesses and food from the African Diaspora are centerpiece of unique festivalFIU Hospitality welcomes Black Pepper Food & Wine Festival focused on food from the African Diaspora and Black-owned businesses... Read more »
- FIU leads alliance to build hospitality pipeline for underrepresented minority students and diverse leadership in hospitalityA bold, new initiative is under way across the U. S. to create a pathway for Black and Hispanic ...... Read more »
- Underrepresented math students get early access to research at FIU summer programStudents from around the country participated in a unique, immersive program at FIU designed to improve access to research for undergraduates of... Read more »
- Student diversity advocate wins national award using using global learning tenantsTaylor Saenz won the 2022 Pi Theta Epsilon President’s Award for being a culturally responsive occupational therapist.... Read more »
- Witnessing history: Student shares perspective on trailblazing educator and civil rights activist Mary Bethune statue unveiled in U.S. CapitolStudents visited the nation's capital to witness the unveiling and participate in the Florida Statewide Summit on Equity In Education hosted by... Read more »