Division of Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Florida International University is committed to provide the highest quality educational and employment experience to its students, faculty, and staff in a nurturing and supportive environment. In doing so, the institution is committed to ensuring that instruction and services are delivered in a manner that is reflective and supportive of diversity as it relates to gender, socioeconomic status, gender identity, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, nationality, military status, sexual orientation, spirituality and cultural identity.
We commit ourselves to building an academic community whose members represent and embrace diverse cultures, background and life experiences that reflect the multicultural nature of South Florida and our global society. Our goal is to build an intellectually vibrant climate that sustains the inclusiveness and engagement of our diverse community.
We encourage and expect the entire FIU community to model these values and to commit to recruiting, retaining, and supporting students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of our global society.
- NIH awards FIU ADVANCE for enhancing faculty gender diversity in the sciencesThe FIU Advance team was recognized for their transformative efforts in enhancing diversity in biomedical and behavioral science at FIU.... Read more »
- Chemist searches for secret formula to learning successZahilyn Roche Allred is developing and redesigning hands-on classroom activities that improve learning outcomes.... Read more »
- Linguist wants people to rethink their idea of 'proper English'FIU distinguished postdoctoral scholar Nandi Sims is leading research on how race, ethnicity and social dynamics shape language variation in Black communities.... Read more »
- FIU epidemiology student wins Out to Innovate ScholarshipAmelia León is the winner of a 2021 Out to Innovate $8,000 graduate scholarship.... Read more »
- Non-Binary: An Exploration of the Gender Revolution through the Arts & HumanitiesGender nonconforming people have always existed and we should learn about it, together, and do so by centering the voices […]... Read more »
- Rethinking the LGBTQ+ Agenda from Within: New Directions in Queer Studies Fall SeriesThis panel will address the need for LGBTQ+ folks to (re)define the agenda on the future of LGBTQ+ issues from […]... Read more »