Division of Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Florida International University is committed to provide the highest quality educational and employment experience to its students, faculty, and staff in a nurturing and supportive environment. In doing so, the institution is committed to ensuring that instruction and services are delivered in a manner that is reflective and supportive of diversity as it relates to gender, socioeconomic status, gender identity, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, nationality, military status, sexual orientation, spirituality and cultural identity.
We commit ourselves to building an academic community whose members represent and embrace diverse cultures, background and life experiences that reflect the multicultural nature of South Florida and our global society. Our goal is to build an intellectually vibrant climate that sustains the inclusiveness and engagement of our diverse community.
We encourage and expect the entire FIU community to model these values and to commit to recruiting, retaining, and supporting students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of our global society.
Stay in touch with us!
Sign up for our emails to stay up to date on events, learning opportunities, news, and more!
- ● $95K Microsoft grant to provide opportunity to increase retention and holistic success of minority doctoral studentsAwarded to the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, the grant will help the recruitment and retention of historically underrepresented students across... Read more »
- LGBTQA Mentorship Program marks 20 years of support for FIU studentsJune is Pride Month, and this year, a program that has guided hundreds of Panthers on their journey to a college degree... Read more »
- FIU celebrates its Panthers on International Women in Engineering DayHundreds of degrees from the College of Engineering and Computing were earned by women in the last year.... Read more »
- After initial silence, the Biden administration is making moves to free WNBA star Brittney Griner from Russian detentionThis piece was written by Rokeshia Renné Ashley, assistant professor of communication at FIU, republished from The Conversation.... Read more »
- FIU graduates leverage their education to find solutions and make a real differenceFIU will celebrate the graduation of over 6,200 students at Spring Commencement on April 30 – ...... Read more »